Jason has extensive experience in media relations, crisis communications, public affairs, public policy, pr, government affairs, law and the media. He is a Senior Advisor at Parris Communications and the Principal and Founder of JGrill Media. Jason has consulted numerous startups, corporations, foundations, associations, c-suite executives and government entities.
Jason is a local and national contributor, radio host and television commentator. He has been featured in the Huffington Post, Inc., Yahoo, Time, Forbes, Politico, Mashable, FOX Business and Success Magazine. He has appeared on Wall Street Journal Radio and the Mitch Albom Show. Jason is a political analyst on WDAF FOX 4 and a panelist on Ruckus on KCPT PBS. Jason is the host of the Grill Nation Show on KMBZ 980AM (Entercom) and is a guest co-host on KMBZ 98.1FM. He also has appeared on the NBC and CBS affiliates in KC. Jason is a licensed attorney in Missouri and Kansas and is the Co-Founder of School of Sock (Formally Sock 101).
Jason is a former two-term member of the Missouri House of Representatives, where he passed historic legislation to help families of children with autism access life changing therapies and treatments. He passed meaningful legislation during both Governor Matt Blunt (R) and Governor Jay Nixon’s (D) administrations.
Jason has worked in the White House for a senior advisor to Former VP Al Gore and an advisor to Former President Bill Clinton, as well as at the CNN Washington DC bureau with a senior political correspondent.
Jason has served as an advance and logistics site lead for Presidential, Vice Presidential and Principal Visits. He is a graduate of the FBI Citizens Academy and the Socrates Program at the Aspen Institute.
Jason earned a JD and Advanced Certificate in Dispute Resolution from the University of Missouri School of Law. He earned a BS in Business Administration, Summa Cum Laude, majoring in economics and minoring in political science from Saint Louis University. Jason also studied and spent a semester at Loyola of Chicago Rome Center in Rome, Italy.
Jason Grill is an avid fan of the KC Royals, KC Chiefs, Missouri Tigers and Saint Louis Billikens. He also roots for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Sporting KC and Liverpool FC. He is a runner and has competed in the St. George, UT and Los Angeles, CA marathons and hopes to run many more. He enjoys playing golf at home and around the country, especially in the mountains where his ball flies further. His favorite two courses are Pebble Beach and Wasatch Mountain. Jason is an ardent political junkie and enjoys spending time with his Jack Russell Terrier, Ralphie.
- FBI – Citizens Academy Graduate (2017)
- US Advance – Site Advance Lead Presidential, Vice Presidential, Principal Visits (2016)
- Compute Midwest – 39 Influential Media People Shaping the Future of Kansas City (2016)
- Kansas City Business Journal – NextGen Leader Award (2016)
- Aspen Institute – Socrates Program Scholarship Grantee / Graduate (2016)
- Ingram’s Magazine – 40 Under Forty Award (2016)
- Boy Scouts of America – National Outstanding Eagle Scout Award (2016)
- The Missouri Times -100 People to Know in Missouri (2013, 2015)
- YEC – Young Entrepreneurs Council – Forbes – “America’s Most Elite Entrepreneur Organization”
- Mazuma – Kansas City’s Most Bad*** People of the Year (2015)
- KC Business Magazine – Top Company Award – JGrill Media – Superstar Service (2014)
- Business Marketing Association – Fountain Award – JGrill Media – Public Relations (2014)
- BusinessInterviews.com – Top 10 – National Consultants (2013)
- KC Connections – Kansas City Man of the Year Award (2011)
- Autism Speaks – Advocacy Award (2011)
- University of Missouri School of Law – Distinguished Graduate Award (2010)
- Autism Society of America – Advocacy Award (2010)
- KC Business Magazine – Rising Star Award (2010)
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly – Up and Coming Lawyer Award (2008)
- KC Magazine – Best Local Politician Award (2008)
- St. Therese Catholic Church – Family of the Year Award (2005)
- National Deans List Honor Society, Golden Key National Honor Society, Phi Alpha Delta (Law Fraternity), Beta Gamma Sigma (Business Honor Society), Omicron Delta Epsilon (Economics Honor Society), Alpha Sigma Nu (Jesuit Honor Society) (2001)
- Presidential Campaign Advance Team Trained (2000)
- Eagle Scout and Warrior in Tribe of Mic-O-Say (1994)
- Kansas City Star Scholar Athlete (1993)
JGrill Media is a strategic consulting firm that focuses on media relations, public affairs, public relations, public policy strategies, crisis communications, professional branding, publicity, government relations, contributing and commentating.
JGrill Media also provides local, state and national contributing and commentating (writing, radio, tv, online) with focus and specialties that include politics, business, current events and entrepreneurship.
JGrill Media has worked with and consulted with many clients including the Kauffman Foundation, Two West, Duct Tape Marketing, Think Big Partners, Apartment Association of Kansas City, Paige Technologies, DivvyHQ, LaunchKC and VI Marketing and Branding.
JGrill Media operates with a simple and singular mission: Combining a diverse and experienced skill set with fresh commentary, consulting, and connecting.
Parris Communications is a full scale, national strategic communications firm which specializes in helping clients in areas of public affairs, media / public relations, crisis communications, issue management, public policy, strategic counsel, marketing / brand experience, media training and image development / management.
At Parris Communications, the dedicated goal is to forge a unique and enduring partnership with our clients. We operate under the precept that the marriage of a client’s internal perspective and knowledge base, together with our external market view, will yield a strong and viable strategy.
Our successes are a reflection of our mutual ability to develop a solid professional coalition. We set out to meet our clients’ goals with an unparalleled commitment. And success is our mutual reward.
At Parris, we want pride to be evident in everything we do. Each day, we challenge ourselves to infuse that pride into our work for our clients.
Since the day we opened our doors nearly 29 years ago, our philosophy has been clear: build relationships grounded on trust, commitment and creativity, and the results will speak for themselves.
Jason is a political analyst on WDAF FOX 4 and a panelist on Ruckus on KCPT PBS. He has served as an analyst on NBC 41 KSHB. Jason specializes in political, governmental, business and current trending topics analysis.
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) – Panelist (May 2017)
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) – Panelist (April 2017)
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) – Panelist (March 2017)
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) – Panelist (January 2017)
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) – Panelist (November 2016)
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) Panelist (September 2016)
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) – Panelist (August 2016)
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) – Panelist (March 2016)
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) – Panelist (February 2016)
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) – Panelist (November 2015)
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) – Panelist (October 2015)
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) – Panelist (September 2015)
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) – Panelist (July 2015)
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) – Panelist (May 2015)
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) – Panelist (April 2015)
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) – Panelist (February 2015)
- Ruckus – KCPT (PBS) – Panelist (October 2014)
- Entrepreneur KC Show – KCPT – Startups: Made in Kansas City.
- Hot Topic – Fox – Election 2012 is here – Pathways to Victory for Obama and Romney plus Predictions.
- Hot Topic – Fox – Battleground state strategy and momentum in Presidential Race – October 24th, 2012
- Hot Topic – Fox – Who won the 3rd Presidential Debate – October 22nd, 2012
- Hot Topic – Fox – Spinning 2nd Presidential Debate – October 19, 2012
- Hot Topic – Fox – Who won the VP Debate 2012 – October 12, 2012
- Hot Topic – Fox – Political Debates 2012 – October 5th, 2012
- Hot Topic – Fox – Crunch Time for the Candidates – September 28th, 2012
- Hot Topic – Fox – Latest Developments in the Presidential Race – September 21st, 2012
- Hot Topic – Fox – Post Convention Bumps – September 14th, 2012
- Hot Topic – Fox – Convention Commendations and Criticisms – September 11th, 2012
- Hot Topic – Fox – Can Akin Still Win? – August 24th, 2012
- Hot Topic – Fox – Romney Picks Ryan for VP Slot – August 17th, 2012
- Hot Topic – Fox – McCaskill v. Akin – US Senate Race Predictions – August 10th, 2012
- Should the primary voting system change? – Fox – August 8th, 2012
- Sarah Palin stops to stump in Missouri – Fox – August 3rd, 2012
- Rick Santorum drops out of GOP Presidential Race – What does it really mean? – Fox – April 10th, 2012
- What does Rick Santorum’s Kansas win mean? Moving forward Romney still the guy – Fox Morning – March 11, 2012
Jason is the Host of the Grill Nation Show on KMBZ 980AM. The show airs every Saturday from 4-5pm CST. Join him for in-depth interviews and conversations with newsmakers, business icons, trendsetters & thought leaders. Find all past shows, information, photos and guests at GrillNationShow.com.
Jason has been a political contributor to The Mitch Album Show and The Wall Street Journal Radio Network.
Jason is a local and national contributor and has been featured in the Huffington Post, Inc., Time, Forbes, Politico, Mashable, FOX Business and Success Magazine.
- Mayo Clinic Putting a Spin on the Typical Pitch Competition (July 13, 2016)
- Kansas City Seeing Jump in Venture Capital (April 26, 2016)
- Techweek Meet Kansas City…Kansas City Meet Techweek (May 10, 2015)
- Tech Startup Funding in Midwest? Cincinnati Says No Problem (January 13, 2015)
- What Type of Tech Job Applicants Offer the Best Performance (July 12th, 2014)
- Big Data Meets Fantasy Football (May 28th, 2014)
- 3 Ways Failure Can Help Build a Business and Mistakes to Avoid (April 16th, 2014)
- Man Predicts ESurance Super Bowl Commercial Winner Before Announcement (February 8th, 2014)
- Meet The Man Behind Wearable Computing (January 23rd, 2014)
- Corporations and Startups No Longer Strange Bedfellows (December 31st, 2013)
- Kansas City is Becoming a Mecca for Big Technology Names (November 3rd, 2013)
- How the Missouri Tigers Will Fare in Year Two in the SEC (September 3rd, 2013)
- Content Marketing is the New Black (August 28th, 2013)
- How Three U.S. Presidents Reacted to Adversity and the Media (June 2nd, 2013)
- Top 5 Takeaways from the First Big Kansas City (April 9th, 2013)
- SXSW…A Bucket List Event (March 15th, 2013)
- Kansas City is Building America’s Most Entrepreneurial City (December 10th, 2012)
- 2012 Presidential Election Predictions (State by State). Goodbye Redskin Rule? (November 4th, 2012)
- Missouri Football Will Be Competitive in the SEC. (August 28th, 2012)
- Want Mobile App Users? Social Sharing is a Must. (August 22nd, 2012)
- Crowdfunding Civic Infrastructure? The Next Big Thing. (July 9th, 2012)
- Mitt Romney’s VP Odds: Preakness Style. (May 18th, 2012)
- Not your Older Brother’s MLS: Soccer Matters America. (April 24th, 2012)
- Flyover Country? Not this Kansas City. (April 11th, 2012)
- Come on, Congress: Sports Gambling, Not Bounties. (March 27th, 2012)
- 14 Ways to Fix Your Out of Control Schedule and Maximize Productivity (June 25, 2014)
- 12 Questions You Should Ask Your Mentor ASAP (July 16, 2014)
- 11 Subborn Myths About Company Culture (August 13, 2014)
- 11 Startup Skills You Won’t Learn in School (August 20, 2014)
- 11 Valuable Tips for Handling Emails While on Vacation (December 23, 2014)
Jason is a licensed attorney in Missouri and Kansas. Practice Areas: criminal defense, personal injury, startup / entrepreneur issues, employment law, real estate law, business law and organization, and litigation matters. If Jason can’t help you he will connect you with the right attorney immediately who can. Jason works with several of the best lawyers in Missouri and Kansas.
- Distinguished Recent Graduate Award – University of Missouri School of Law – September 2010
- Named 1 of 40 Up and Coming Lawyers in Missouri by Missouri Lawyers Weekly in July 2008
Jason Grill co-founded Sock 101 (also known as School of Sock), with a successful exit in 2018. Sock 101 exists to enhance the style, appeal, and success of individuals through colorful, yet professional and stylish socks at an affordable price. E-commerce, Sock of the Month Club, Wholesale/Retail Sales, Charity Socks For A Cause and Custom Logo and Branded Socks offerings. The company regularly did between $1 Million and $2 Million a year in revenue. Sock 101 has worked with numerous Fortune 500 companies and has investors including fashion icons Rebecca Minkoff and Gary Wassner. The company was featured on Project Runway: Fashion Startup. Sock on!