Jason Grill has extensive experience in media relations, public affairs, pr, government affairs, law and the media. He is a Senior Advisor – Public Affairs, Policy and Media at Parris Communications. He is the Founder of JGrill Media, the Host of the Grill Nation Show on KMBZ 980AM and the Co-Founder of Sock 101. He is a licensed attorney in Missouri and Kansas.
Jason is a local and national writer/contributor, emcee, radio host and television analyst/commentator. He has been featured in the Huffington Post, Inc., Yahoo, Time, Forbes, Politico, Mashable, FOX Business and Success magazine. He has appeared on Wall Street Journal Radio and the Mitch Albom Show. Jason has appeared as a business and political analyst on the FOX, NBC, CBS and PBS affiliates in Kansas City.
Jason is a former two-term member of the Missouri House of Representatives, where he passed historic legislation to help families of children with autism access life changing therapies and treatments. He passed meaningful legislation as an elected Representative during both Governor Matt Blunt (R) and Governor Jay Nixon’s (D) administrations.
Jason has worked in the White House for a Senior Advisor to Former VP Al Gore and an Advisor to Former President Bill Clinton, as well as at the CNN Washington DC bureau with Senior Political Correspondent, Brooks Jackson, who is now the Director of Factcheck.org.
Jason earned a JD and Advanced Certificate in Dispute Resolution from the University of Missouri. He earned a BS in Business Administration, Summa Cum Laude, majoring in economics and minoring in political science from Saint Louis University. Jason also studied and spent a semester at Loyola of Chicago Rome Center in Rome, Italy.
Jason has received awards and honors throughout his career including:
- Kansas City Business Journal – NextGen Leader Award (2016)
- Ingram’s Magazine – 40 Under Forty Award (2016)
- National Outstanding Eagle Scout Award – Boy Scouts of America (2016)
- The Missouri Times -100 People to Know in Missouri (2013, 2015)
- KC Business Magazine – Top Company Award – JGrill Media – Superstar Service (2014)
- Business Marketing Association – Fountain Award – JGrill Media – Public Relations (2014)
- BusinessInterviews.com – Top 10 – National Consultants (2013)
- KC Connections – Kansas City Man of the Year Award (2011)
- Autism Speaks – Advocacy Award (2011)
- University of Missouri School of Law – Distinguished Graduate Award (2010)
- Autism Society of America – Advocacy Award (2010)
- KC Business Magazine – Rising Star Award (2010)
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly – Up and Coming Lawyer Award (2008)
- KC Magazine – Best Local Politician Award (2008)
Jason is a member of the Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC) – one of America’s most elite entrepreneur organizations, serves as an Advisor to Neighborly and SquareOffs, is an Eagle Scout, member of the Sigma Chi Fraternity and former Kansas City Star Scholar Athlete. He has served on charity and civic boards, is a mentor to entrepreneurial accelerators and is Presidential Campaign Advance Team trained.